Before I hopped off my Mr. Beer I’ve decide to make one more beer. I wanted to use their HME (what comes in the can) along with some additional hops. I picked up their Diablo IPA and 1/2 ounce of centennial hops. Here’s how I broke it down:
- 00:00 Boil at 205 degrees
- 00:00 add 1/4 ounces of centennial hops
- 00:15 add 1/4 ounces of centennial hops
- 00:20 flame out
- 00:20 add Diable IPA slowly into pot
- Brix: 10
- Gravity: 1.042
- Approx ABV: 5.25%
- After I added the first set of hops it appeared to smell like spinach during the boil.
- If you plan on adding hops to the Mr. Beer can recipe, perhaps you should start with 5 cups of water, as opposed to the 4 cups. Some of the water evaporates during the 20 minute boil.